I've been in the process of designing a new site for a while now and am just about ready to launch it. Exciting, I know. Anyway, here are a few minor things about the upcoming transition.
- Once the transfer starts it may take a day or so for all the internet server gnomes to tell their friends what just happened and point everything to the right places. So if there is a problem getting through for a while, it's their fault.
- The new format is very different (looking) and uses more images, short excerpts, etc., etc., and so on. It will also be much easier to get access to older posts for those who are interested in reading them. Pretty much every page will have a random selection of older posts, plus you can read by category, search more easily, and stuff like that.
- Most of the older posts will not be upgraded with "featured images" and excerpts for some time. Why? Because there are over three thousand of them. I am planning to upgrade them as time permits but that is not a major priority. The worst thing about this is that you may get a little sick of the LTB logo image, because that is the default image and will be appearing a lot for a while. So I hope you don't hate that image.
- Also, while most of the links in recent posts should work fine, turns out there are lots of broken links in older posts, mostly because news sites (for example) don't keep those updated forever. Those links are broken right now, of course, so hopefully that's not a deal-breaker. If you see links that look like this, that means I haven't fixed them yet.
- If you subscribe by email, or I think you do, you will get an email asking you to confirm whether you want to continue, and if you do, to choose whether you want to get updates daily or weekly. Just click on the link in the email (I think this one will also work) and fill out the extremely short form. (Note: It may tell you you're already subscribed and ask you to "update your profile." The only thing you need to update is whether you want the email daily or weekly. It won't ask you for any other information.) It's semi-important to do this if you want to keep email-subscribing because I'm combining various lists into one.
- There may be issues with the RSS feed for a while—I apologize in advance.
If there are any ginormous problems or issues not mentioned above, please let me know. Otherwise, hope you enjoy the new site.