The Smoking Gun recently posted a transcript of a police interview with former heavyweight champ Mike Tyson after Tyson was stopped on December 29 for driving erratically. Tyson was read his Miranda rights and stated that he understood those rights and would voluntarily answer questions. The interrogation went very well for the suspect regardless.
No it didn't.
- He started off by admitting that he had been using cocaine and marijuana and probably "more Zoloft than he was supposed to."
- He further admitted he was perhaps a bit under the influence.
- Or, as he put it, "I AM F***ED UP!"
- The officer's report continues: "I TOLD MIKE HE DID NOT APPEAR TO BE MESSED UP. MIKE REPLIED BACK SAYING, 'I KNOW MAN BUT I AM F***ED UP.' MIKE THEN FOLLOWED THE STATEMENT BY LAUGHING LOUDLY."
- Mike volunteered the fact that he smokes cocaine by putting it in ordinary cigarettes, and demonstrated for the officers how he does this.
- Asked if he felt the Zoloft, cocaine and marijuana had affected his driving at all, Mike immediately stated, "I cannot drive."
- It was not clear from the report whether he meant he was unable to drive or was not legally able to drive in Arizona because he is not licensed there.
So. That went well.
Link: The Smoking Gun