Lance Majors of Poughkeepsie, New York, the new poster boy for Not Giving A Damn, will have several years to think about whether telling the judge you're bored during your sentencing hearing is a good idea.
Majors, who was being sentenced today for a felony DWI conviction, has made the most of his 38 years on this planet, compiling an impressive list of screwups:
- drug possession;
- drug dealing;
- driving while intoxicated;
- driving while intoxicated again;
- driving while intoxicated three more times;
- driving while intoxicated again, and in this incident he
- was clocked at 107 mph
- with his 11-year-old daughter in the car
- after his license had been revoked;
- he represented himself at trial; and
- then told the judge, "Just speed it up because you are really boring me."
Judge Frank LaBuda sentenced Majors to a possible seven years in prison for the six counts related to the most recent DWI, plus another 15 days for contempt of court.
Link: Times Herald-Record