In honor of this semi-holiday, disliked by many and inducing feigned enjoyment in half of the remainder, here are a few past tales of love and the law, most but not all from the "Domestic Law" category here.
Actually, now that I look at these, they seem to be mostly tales of post-love law. I guess legal issues don't arise too often when things are going well. Anyway, assuming that's true, may your Valentine's Day fail to involve legal matters of any kind, including but not limited to arrest warrants, service of process, and/or material violations of a restraining order or orders.
- Man Sues 1-800-Flowers Over Unfortunate Thank-You Note
- Man Fakes Own Kidnapping to Avoid Wrath of Girlfriend
- Claim for Reimbursement of Dating Costs is Rejected
- Ginormous Rock at Issue in Engagement-Ring-Retrieval Suit
- German Love Witch Loses Appeal
- When Does a 99.9% Certain DNA Test Fail to Prove Paternity?
- Lawyer Billboard Saying "Life's Short. Get a Divorce" Lasts 1 Week
- Firm Offers "60 Minute Divorce," Free Lunch Included
- Wedding Photo Tips for Bigamists
- Restraining Order Entered After Christmas Wii Assault
- It's Officially an "Ugly Divorce" If Somebody Wants a Kidney Back
- Man With 86 Wives Will Have 86 Lawyers
- Note: Affair With Client's Spouse May Create Conflict of Interest
- Nice One, [Albert] Einstein