These essays were written and published in 1999 and 2000 respectively. They appeared in the law journal The Green Bag, and led to a writeup in the Wall Street Journal and a couple of appearances by yours truly on National Public Radio. The PDF reprints at the links below are courtesy of The Green Bag, to the editors of which I continue to be grateful.
- Edgar Allan Poe, The Task of Amontillado
- John Milton, Paradise Lost, New Business Found
- James Joyce, Ulysses, Esq.
- The Law Book of Job
- James Joyce, Portrait of the Lawyer as a Young Man
- William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night’s Hearing Before the U.S. Patent Examiner
- Herman Melville, Moby Dick, or, The “Whale” (A Narrative About, But Not Necessarily Limited to, the Species Enumerated at 50 C.F.R. § 224.101(b)(xiv))