- What Not to Steal: Gavel.
- Who Not to Steal it From: Judge who will be sentencing you later for more serious crimes.
- Who Stole It: A 28-year-old Missouri woman, sometime after her arraignment on drug charges.
- The Compelling Evidence: She was the last one in the courtroom at the end of the day and so probably took it?
- Potentially Creepy Extra Details: Gavel previously belonged to judge’s deceased grandmother, who wielded it as “Grand Matron of the Order of the Eastern Star.”
(AP, Jan. 7, 2005; News of the Weird)